TOGU was founded in 1956 by two brothers: Toni Obermaier and Gust Obermaier
Gust Obermaier had a vision:
He wanted to produce a one-piece ball. No seam lines or glue should be necessary. Today this family run business has grown to provide a secure job to more than 100 people. The complete production is located in Germany on a site of approximately 16.000 m2. All equipment for manufacturing and printing is design in-house and constructed on site. Typical for TOGU is the extraordinary will to put good ideas into effect and to produce goods of exceptional quality.
Prien am Chiemsee is the place where everything got started. Today’s owners Toni and Guido Obermaier (both sons of the founders) have decided to keep the production at their home base. No matter how big the hype about emerging economies might have been in recent years. TOGU will not transfer production just for low labor costs.
TOGU is devoted to innovation, inventions and manufacturing. This might explain why TOGU is one of the leading manufacturers of air filled products made of PVC by rotation molding. Production is according to the strictest environment protection laws. Long lasting products save resources, energy and therefore reduce environmental pollution.
TOGU – quality made in Germany. About 90% of all products offered on our website are manufactured in our headquarters in Prien am Chiemsee in Germany.
Transparency and integrity are important values to us: even the best can not do everything themselves. That’s why we complete our extensive range of self-made articles with products from other quality manufacturers worldwide. We cooperate with all our suppliers in the long term and a trustful way. The origin of these products (trading goods) can be found at the end of each item description.
“Our drive and passion is to develop and manufacture outstanding products in premium quality and excellent functionality.”
- 1956 Foundation of the ball factory by Toni and Gust Obermaier with the invention of the world’s first seamless playball made in one piece
- 1964 The hopping ball is born – until today a toy with fun guaranteed
- 1970 Development of the first air-filled, and therefore bouncing medicine ball
- 1983 The large gymnastics balls are discovered for therapy and training
- 1995 Invention of the Dynair® Ballkissen®: the practical and popular space-saving alternative to the large gymnastic ball
- 1998 ABS®: TOGU invents the world’s first and only guaranteed “burst-proof” gymnastic ball with anti-burst material
- 2000 Powerball Extreme ABS® – the world’s safest exercise ball – patented and burst proof up to 1.000 kg / 2.200 lbs
- 2000 Launch of the Aero-Step®: the first air-filled device for balance and coordination training quickly enters physical therapy, professional and health sports. The first educational
concept about sensori motor training for trainers and therapists is created.
- 2008 Development and launch of the TOGU Jumper® multifunctional training device. The patented device is used by international sports stars in prevention and training. Same time, the popular Brasil® Workout is presented on the health & fitness market.
- 2013 The Balanza® product series is a perfect combination of dynamic balls and a stable wooden panel: a new dimension in sensori motor training.
- 2015 Relaunch of the famous Redondo® Ball with a new size: Redondo Ball Plus creates new challenge in health & fitness training.
- 2017 Jacaranda® – The brand-new training concept combines elements of physiotherapy, fitness and yoga.
- 2018 Balanza® Vario – the future of sensorimotor training for rehabilitation centers and physiotherapy practices. All forms of balance and coordination training combined in one device.
Safety and Security:
We want to give our customers the safety to feel secure and comfortable with our products at all times in any situation.
We own 12 patents, 34 Gebrauchsmuster and 100 trade marks
Our products offer solutions to specific demands. Therefore we will only provide the best quality.
Made in Germany:
Only here we can guarantee quality and innovations
Making a difference – setting new standards. Staying in touch with experts and watching the market carefully.
TOGU Jumper | Endurance and coordination
TOGU Balanza Ballstep | Training and rehabilitation
TOGU Gymnastics Mat
Challenge Disc | webinar how to use